Enjoy the BEST Attractions and Victoria BC Things To Do
We’re happy to share some of our favorite things to do in Victoria BC! Our convenient downtown location in the James Bay Village makes it easy to walk to most downtown attractions. After a day of exploring, return to your lovely room at the Fisher House. Victoria is a thriving city of heritage architecture and time-honored traditions like afternoon tea. With the ocean at its doorstep and wilderness in its backyard, it’s also a perfect place for outdoor enthusiasts. You can find everything from a world-class science and natural history museum to a blooming public park where peacocks roam freely, plus a range of unique shops, cafes and restaurants. And more cycling routes than any other Canadian city, providing a great way to explore the scenery.
Our Favorite Victoria BC Things to Do:
Heron Rock Bistro
We highly recommend the Heron Rock Bistro during your stay. They are just a 3 minute walk away in James Bay Village and feature great music and excellent food.
Located 30 minutes from the Inn, Butchart Gardens will envelope you in lush greens and colourful blooms. A must see oasis in Victoria, British Columbia for over 100 years.
The Pendray Tea House offers a choice of delicious teas. From Traditional Afternoon Tea to our Vegan Tea, all are offered with TWG Teas.
Beacon Hill Park
Located within a short walk of the Inn the 200 acres Beacon Hill Park. There’s much to see and do there, allow plenty of time!
Food kiosks, unique shops and eco-tour adventures in a working harbour setting. It’s a terrific setting for watching the seals, boats and people.
Over 85 exciting miniature dioramas and displays! one of the most popular tourist attractions in downtown Victoria, BC, Canada.
Built during the reign of Queen Victoria and a National Historic Site, it has been meticulously restored, giving visitors a glimpse of 1890s privilege.
A popular walk near the inn that follows the breakwater to a lighthouse on its furthest end. The area gives people an opportunity to see Victoria’s busy harbour traffic.
Additional Helpful Links:
- BC Transit (Bus) to/from the Vancouver ferry: An inexpensive way to arrive downtown via ferry from Vancouver ($5 exact change for a day pass).
- BC Transit (Bus) to/from Victoria International Airport: An inexpensive way to arrive downtown via the airport, but the YYJ Airport Shuttle is easier.
- Bicycle Rentals: A great way to see the area.
- Celebrity Cruiseline: Cruises to the dock three blocks away from Fisher House Bed and Breakfast.
- Grayline Bus Tours in Victoria: One way to travel around the city and to Butchart Gardens
- Pacific Coach: The easy way to travel to Victoria from Vancouver.
- Orca Spirit Adventures: Whale watching charter vessels.
- Tourism Victoria: Helpful guide for planning your trip.
- Weather for Victoria: Check the forecast to plan your visit
- Victoria & Vancouver Island Travel & Tourism Guide: Tourism information for our area.
Pictured: Sunset on Dallas Road, just a short walk from the inn.